Do you want to keep everybody happy all the time? Do you blame yourself for things that aren’t your fault? Take on more tasks than you can handle?
If so, you might be a people pleaser—and today’s episode is for you.
I discussed the root causes of people pleasing behavior in episode 45, and I had so many follow-up questions that I decided to do another episode where I dive even deeper into this phenomenon that I know so well.
Here’s the first thing to know: people-pleasing tendencies are often a symptom of a deeper issue, such as issues with self-worth or setting boundaries. But when you put others first, you end up putting your worth and value in the hands of someone else.
There is a solution, though, and it’s found in learning to set and hold healthy boundaries.
Listen in to learn how to recognize the signs and symptoms of your people pleasing behavior, and how to start the healing process.
Listen to Your Permission Prescription: Episode 54 to learn how to recognize the signs of people pleasing behavior—and how to begin to heal it.
What We Discuss & Highlights From Episode 54:
- The common root causes of people pleasing tendencies
- Why you might be consumed with not wanting to appear selfish
- The importance of being able to sit with the discomfort of someone else’s disappointment or anger
- How to know when you’re crossing your own boundaries
- Why it’s so important to be willing to consider your own needs first