The experience of grief often hits us like a tsunami, and then ebbs and flows in waves that sometimes never subside. While we don’t have a choice in when grief hits, we do have a choice in how we respond to the feelings and sensations it brings.
In this episode, Grief Yoga creator Paul Denniston shares his story of how he came to know – and use – grief as a powerful connection back to love.
In his new book, Healing Through Yoga, Paul outlines the many ways in which we can use yoga and mindfulness to find the strength and courage to face and feel grief, and all of the emotions and sensations that accompany it.
Listen to Your Permission Prescription: Episode 33 to learn Paul’s most powerful tools for shining a light into the darkness of grief in order to ease back into gratitude and love.
What We Discuss & Highlights From Episode 33:
- How grief is a companion to love, and how to use grief to ease back into love in times of distress
- The Cycle of Compassionate Transformation for shining light into the darkest moments of our lives
- How to use sound, movement, breath and meditation to find the strength and courage to vulnerably sit with our grief
- How to tap into or release the experiences that have lodged themselves in our bodies
- An exercise for when you are feeling triggered or have overwhelming emotions that need to be released (and fast!)