Whether it’s keeping up with household chores, completing work assignments, or finally getting back to that missed phone call or text, we all find ourselves procrastinating from time to time.
If you’re anything like I was, you might see procrastination as a weakness, or as an inherently negative trait. Well, I’m here to tell you that’s absolutely not the case!
In this week’s episode, I’m breaking down how reframing procrastination as “pre-creation” can help open up your creative flow, make space for more life in your days, and actually support you in ticking off all those nagging items on your to-do list.
Not only that, but you’ll also learn how to re-assess your commitments and determine whether or not all your “must-do’s” are truly in alignment with where you’re headed. No more staring at blank pages weighed down by feelings of guilt or frustration!
Listen to Your Permission Prescription: Episode 35 to learn why it’s so important to allow pre-creation to be a part of your creative process in order to stay nourished and refreshed throughout your day.
What We Discuss & Highlights From Episode 35:
- Why reframing procrastination as pre-creation is essential to the creative process
- Why it’s so important to meet ourselves where we are, instead of measuring ourselves against our productivity and accomplishments
- How to look at the intention behind our procrastination to uncover what lies beneath our need to have time and space from our obligations
- How to identify and reassess our “incompletions” in order to create more space for what our true desires are
- How honestly reflecting on our commitments can reveal the true path we are on, and give us the power to course-correct if necessary