Back in episode 7 of Your Permission Prescription, I busted one of the biggest myths around boundaries. Today I’m taking things a step further and sharing how expressing your boundaries is NOT about asking someone else for permission.
If you struggle to set and hold boundaries because you think it’s about telling others what to do, this episode offers a necessary and refreshing reframe!
Learn how to let boundaries be an exploration of what’s true to YOU — no resentment or martyrdom required.
Listen to Your Permission Prescription: Episode 10 to learn how to give yourself permission to clearly express your boundaries.
What We Discuss & Highlights From Episode 10:
- Setting boundaries doesn’t push people away. It actually gives others the opportunity to know you more deeply.
- What you need to know before you express a boundary to someone else.
- How boundaries can be about collaboration, not compromise!
- The key things to say when expressing a boundary. (Hint: It’s not about saying, “You need to do this, you need to stop doing that.”)
- The essential lesson around boundaries and truthfulness that Louise Hay taught me.